Re: Acpi - battery - Acer

Joeri De Backer wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a strange problem with acpi...

When I look in the directory /proc/acpi/battery,
I see two directories with the same name.
These two directories are called "0" (zero).

So, there is twice a directory /proc/acpi/battery/0...

Has anyone an explanation for this?  Shouldn't
that be "0" and "1" or something like that? Or "BAT0" and
"BAT1"?

The /proc/acpi/battery/0/info and the /proc/acpi/battery/0/status
tell me that there is no battery available, although there is one.

I'm using an Acer Travelmate 613, kernel version
2.4.20. I compiled acpi into the kernel (not as
a module).

When I look in /var/log/dmesg, I see that one battery is detected, and another one isn't. So
I think the battery is well detected, but because
there are two directories with the same name in
/proc/acpi/battery, I only see the not-detected one...

The other acpi-functions seems to work well...

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Joeri.

Hello,

I've a tm634 running on a 2.4.20 kernel with the acpi patch from the acpi project on sourceforge. The patch works perfectly for me, so you should try it!

acpi project :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi

acpi patch for 2.4.20 : http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/acpi/acpi-20021212-2.4.20.diff.gz

David