Re: Annoying full screen when mozilla opens

Michael Perry wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 07:30:58AM +0200, niklas adolfsson wrote:

Sometime yesterday i noticed that everytime i open mozilla or
mozilla-mail it opens up in full screen. How can i get mozilla to
remember the last screen size it had when i closed it? It just started
this behaviour yestarday and now i cant find any settings make it hold
the last screen size.

niklas

I've seen this on my laptop with both Mozilla and Firebird after
visiting a site which redrew Mozilla to full screen.  Worst part was
that I could not reach the bottom window controls to resize it.  Usually
I can move the window up a bit off the top of the screen and then resize
it to what I want and close Mozilla.  Well, to allow some bit of
flexibility in this you could start moz with -height xxx -depth yyy
switches and then size the window the way you want it.  This works for
me most of the time but other times moz is more stubborn than I am and
it keeps the size.

BTW, I am using windowmaker here.

It worked, i started both mozilla and mozilla mail with hight and depth settings, resized and closed. On new opening they held their size from last time, the shorcuts in the menu also opens them in the "remebered" sizes. I have not restarted Debian but i hope this will hold now, thanks for the workaround.

niklaks