Re: Problem with Netgear MA401 wlan card

niklas adolfsson wrote:
I had my netgear PCMCIA card up and running after my install without problems but it would´nt send faster data then up to about 12-15kb/s. I read that it could work better with the "linux-wlan-ng" driver. So i did "apt-get install linux-wlan-ng" and packages where installed. Now nothing worked with the card so i uninstalled the packages again with "apt-get remove linux-wlan-ng". I saw that some folders and files where not removed so i did "dpkg -p"(i think) and got rid of some more files. Anyhow nothing still works with the card. I hoped that uninstalling the packages would set everything back to where i was before but so was not the fact. I would be glad for any advice (i need very precise instructions, i am not a linux guru, but i got Debian working very good and i am glad for that).

niklas, sweden
I got it working again the old way, i have no idea how but now when i started my "sid" system it found the card and it now runs steadily at up to 12 kb/s :-)

I am still interested on how to make it work fully, but i dont want to experiment, i don't download big files on this system, only check mail and surf the internet so i am not really in need of more than 12 kb/s

niklas, sweden