Re: Opinions on Lindows Mobile PC

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:54:17PM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I have been looking at purchasing a new computer for a few months now.
> I have gone back and forth between a desktop or notebook quite a bit, and
> I have finally decided that I want to get a notebook.  Of course, the real
> challenge is finding an affordable one with Linux preinstalled.  After
> this slashdot story about HP selling selling Linux laptops in Thailand
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/23/1857246&mode=thread&tid=106&tid=137&tid=185
> came out, I called HP to find out when they would be offered in the US.
> Of course, they had no clue what I was talking about.
>
> The point of this whole diatribe is that I have decided that I will probably
> get the Lindows (yuck!) Mobile PC (available from idot.com).  If I purchase
> it I will erase Lindows and install Debian Sid on it.  I am asking here
> to see what everyone thinks of the price/value on this thing and overall
> impressions.  I am not too concerned with hardware comaptibility since IIRC
> Lindows is based on Debian unstable.

You can have a look at Slashdot's article when this notebook was
announced:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/20/1633212&mode=nested&tid=137

Your questions will probably be answered there.

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta   | BOFH excuse #12:
agi@(agi.as|debian.org)    | dry joints on cable plug

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3