Re: Xfree 4.2.1-6 with ATI Rage Mobility...

It works very good with gatos ati.2 driver.
Thank you.

Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz wrote:
Nicolas Delestre <nicolas.delestre@free.fr> writes:

Hi,
Since i updated my debian sarge on my Dell laptitude CPxJ 650 (with an
ATI Rage Mobility video card), that installed a new version of  xfree
(to the 4.2.1.6 version), i can not use the crt port to display X on a
monitor (it continue to works fine with the lcd). When i try to
display X on the monitor (with Fn+F7), the monitor display something
during about 0.1 second with a bad resolution and after the display
disappears (Note that it works very fine when i do not use X).
In the same way, the atitvout software works fine when i use it in a
text mode, but it write this error when i use it in X mode :
VBE call failed.

Seems that you already tried, but I don't lose nothing asking: did you
tried installing the ati.2 driver from gatos.sf.net?

I had a similar problem, with both TV and CRT modes, today I installed
gatos (again, since HD change) and TV out works, I've not tested with
CRT, but I'm almost sure that will work.

Hope that helps.

--
Nicolas Delestre
http://nicolas.delestre.free.fr