Re: pcmcia-cs installation

Hi Gaurav,

Am Fre, 2003-05-23 um 15.33 schrieb Gaurav Jain:

> hi all!!!i am installing pcmcia package in debian...i
> have compiled the stuff as all given in the readme's

There's no need to compile pcmcia-cs manually since Debian has
pre-build packages (kernel-pcmcia-modules-$KERNEL).

> but am not able to get where to make the changes for
> the startup configuration. Also which file do i make
> the changes in, for configuring my wireless network
> card..

That would be /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts to set wireless specific options
(WEP, ESSID, Mode, etc) and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to set network
specific options (DHCP / fixed IP, gateway, etc).

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice