Re: ACPI in a Vaio fx804

Alle 21:33, venerdì 16 maggio 2003, Juan Manuel García Molina ha scritto:
> Hi, Roberto.
>
> El Viernes, 16 de Mayo de 2003 18:47, Roberto Modolo escribió:
> > Hi everybody, I have a Vaio fx802 (aka PCG-9G2M) and I have problems with
> > ACPI.
>
> I have a FX805, I suppose the model is quite similar to yours.
>
> > I builded 2.4.20 kernel patched with ACPI patch
> > (acpi-20021212-2.4.20.diff), and now modules are correctly loaded, there
> > is an acpi directory in /proc with all files and so on; but I still have
> > problems with performances. Every 10-15 seconds the sistem seems to stand
> > still for a while (as if it were overloaded): when listening mp3 it is
> > not comfortably..., moreover I'm not able to make it reboot cleanly
> > (after a minute with the sony logo it beep for a keyboard error).
>
> I'm using linux 2.4.20 kernel with Con Koliva's patch [1]. Besides ACPI,
> this patch includes another goodies to improve system responsiveness.
>
> > Somebody any idea?
>
> You can try this patch.
>

> [1] http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

I patched and compiled the new kernel, but the problem persist.
I noticed that if I remove battery all works fine, so I think there is a
problem with battery module, maybe something about interrupts...
It still doesn't halt or reboot cleanly.
Did you used some other patch?

Thanks in advance
Roberto

PS: sorry the model is fx 804!