make-kpkg

I just bought an IBM ThinkPad (R32) and all has gone almost
fine. Actually, the install went very well until I tried to build a
new kernel so I'd have the driver available for my wifi card.

It wouldn't reboot - couldn't find the root directory. I thought I'd
messed up LILO, so I reinstalled, only to have the same thing happen,
although this time I had set things up so that the install kernel
would boot - at least I learned something.

Short story - I can't boot into the new kernel, but I think I know
why. I believe that because I installed the bf2.4 kernel and my root
filesystem is EXT3, when I used make-kpkg I didn't tell it to build
ext3 in, not use it as a module. So far I've failed to find out how to
do that.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
/~\ The ASCII        Ken Weinert   mc@quarter-flash.com
\ / Ribbon Campaign  303-452-6603 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)