Re: ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400

On Saturday 10 May 2003 10:32 am, flubie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody here succeed in installing ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400?
> I recompiled 2.4.20 kernel with ACPI included (not as a module), and it
> seems that ACPI is recognized, but Laptop Battery in KDE gives me the
> following message:
>
> Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably
> enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least
> 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.
>
> I'm sure that I have enabled those adaptor and control method.

in the kernel config (I use xconfig) when you go into the ACPI menu there is
the first option to turn on ACPI, then there is another option to "only use
cpu" sometiung or other, DO NOT select that one. then continue on and select
all acpi features below eccept the toshiba laptop support and the debug
message stuff.

also, here is a link that you might find helpfull:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

download the vanilla 2.4.20 kernel from kernel.org and apply this guys meta
patch. it will vastly improove your system responce. make sure you enable the
low latency and preemption.

have fun,

Jeremy