Re: ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400

At 12:32 2003-05-10, flubie wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody here succeed in installing ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400?
I recompiled 2.4.20 kernel with ACPI included (not as a module), and it seems
that ACPI is recognized, but Laptop Battery in KDE gives me the following
message:

Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably
enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least
'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.

I'm sure that I have enabled those adaptor and control method.

Any suggestions?

Did you apply the acpi patch?
The built in acpi of the kernel source is not enough unfortunately.

Check the patches here http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi and apply them and then try to recompile. I believe that will help you.

//Ivar
Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com