Re: S-video

Hi there.
Sorry for the delay, but I've been rather busy lately.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Pedro Neves wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Seems like your TV's scart imput has no s-video entrance. I had the same
> problem with my TV.

Right. That I think is actually true, after I carefully read the useless
TV user's manual.

> One possible solution is to buy an S-video to RCA cable and plug it to the
> RCA input on the TV (if it has one), or to an RCA to scart adaptor (which is
> what I use).

That I heard seems to work, but I don't quite understand why. Is there
something in the RCA/scart adaptator that somehow converts the S-video
signal to a signal that is correctly detected by the scart?

Thanks a lot
	Ale