PCMCIA Failure on Kernel Recompile

Hi all,

I'm running Debian Woody with a 2.4.18 kernel on a Compaq Armada E500.
It's been working great with my custom kernel up until I did a recompile
to add SCSI and USB support, neither of which should effect PCMCIA
functionality. However, when I installed the new kernel package using
dpkg, the PCMCIA 3com cardbus ethernet card now doesn't initialize right
on startup (I get "cs: unable to map card memory" etc). I made sure to
compile with PCMCIA sources and install pcmcia-cs, and I have the new
modules installed. So I have no idea what's going on here. Any help would
be extremely appreciated; I have no desire to reinstall Debian.

Thanks!
--

  n407er_@airpost.net