Re: How many of you?

Craig Genner wrote:
> How many of you have actually installed linux on a laptop and not had to
> configure more than one or two programs to get a working system.
>
> I'm not talking about configuring it to how you like it, I'm talking
> about it just working so that you can get the work done with no
> fuss.

Compaq 1621, 233MHz K-6, 32 MB RAM, Neomagic graphics.  No trouble at
all.  (Except it has a bad APM BIOS.  I modified apmd to read the
broken data so that it would print data correctly.  But considering I
used it that way for a long time before I noticed anything amiss I
still consider it painless.)  But I made sure it before I purchased it
that there had been good reports from others on the net about it.

Bob