Re: armada 100s

On Fri, 2 May 2003 20:09:30 +0800
"jhormax" <ninjapeps@edsamail.com.ph> wrote:
> I have a compaq armada 100s with debian 3.0r0 and a 2.2 kernel installed. the problem with it is that it constantly hangs for reasons unknown. anyone know if the problem is with the kernel? I've tried compiling a 2.4.20 kernel but it keeps hanging during the compile and when I finally got it done, the laptop reboots when loading the new kernel. I'm sorely tempted to hurl the laptop out the nearest window and buy a new one.

I get exactly the same problem on my Armada 110. Each time the screen shutted down (with APM), the computer was hanging. Try the different options in CONFIG_APM_*, there are some vendor-specific debug options that can solve your problem. And during your kernel compilation, try to touch the mouse or the keyboard each 2 minutes to keep it up.
Note that my Armada still hangs when i close and reopen it, and I still didn't found why :-)

--
Guillaume - Administration Systemes & Reseaux
<guillaume at hostallow dot com> - http://www.hostallow.com