Wireless packet loss - still need help

Hi everyone

For those with good recall you may recall my earlier postings.

I have a belkin wireless pcmcia card and a netgear me102 accesspoint (with latest firmware for 128 wep).

I keep getting various errors and major packet loss when using my wireless connection.

error messages
kernel: Tx error, status 4 (FID=010F)
kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
kernel: eth1: Tx timeout! Resetting card.
kernel: eth1: Unknown Rx error (0x3). Frame dropped
kernel: eth1 Undecryptable frame on Rx. Frame dropped.

the last error message i can guess at but the rest I'm unsure off...however regardless of the reason or meaning of the error messages i can notice that wehn i ping a machine on the local network i have a packet loss of between n40 and 60 % which is entirely unacceptable.

I would appreciate any info and i would especially appreciate hearing from someone who uses Netgear AP ME102

Secondly, i am beginning to suspect that iwconfig does not write the encryption key in correct format ...anyway, if i have a encryption key of say 12-78-36-73-15 how can i manually translate it into hex format? (always assuming hex is a correct format?)

Thomas

My GnuPG key id is 4DCAF083  Protect your right to privacy