Re: X displays a blank screen on my Dell Latitude

I'm having the same problem installing Xfree86-4.1.0-16 on a Dell Latitude CPi D266XT as described by Brian Kendig (see below).

I was able to get around the problem by adding these two lines to '/etc/X11/XF86Config-4':

Option "XaaNoScanlineImageWriteRect"
Option "XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill"

But those are the same two lines you said you added, so I don't know why they're not working for you. Make sure you're adding them to the Device section which configures your video, and make sure you're selecting the "neomagic" driver.

Something else, too -- your laptop's display can handle up to 1024x768 at 16-bit color, but if you use 32-bit color, then you can only handle up to 800x600. Make sure the 'Depth' and 'Modes' lines of your Screen section reflect this.

I'm running Debian unstable now, and I no longer need those Option Xaa... lines in my XF86Config-4 file, so it looks like the bug has been fixed in the latest XFree86.

 ____    |\/|                 Brian Kendig   Set your priorities right.
 \  /\   / ..__.    brian at enchanter net   No one ever said on his
  \/  \__\   _/   http://www.enchanter.net/  death bed, "Gee, if I'd
   \__   __  \_      Be insatiably curious.  only spent more time at
      \____\___\           Ask "why" a lot.  the office."