Re: Debian on Compaq evo n800w - any success?

"Nenad" == Nenad Antonic <nenad@math.hr> writes:

> I have the option to purchase a Compaq evo n800w laptop.
> However, I was unable to find any linux success stories on the net
> (neither for my favourite distro - Debian, nor for any other).

 I successfully installed debian on a Evo N800v, which i expect only
differs slightly. If that is so, you'll find that the installation is
quite straightforward, but you will need to bring in some packages
from sid (XFree-86). Besides that, you'll probably need the 2.4.20-bfs
kernel, if you want to use the built in NIC.

> Any information will be appreciated.

 Hope this helps. Feel free to mail me directly, if you have further
questions.

--
/Wegge <http://outside.bakkelygaard.dk/~wegge/>