Realtek rtl-8180

Central computer has pcmcia wifi 802.11b cards for $40 which claim to
work with Linux. When I went to install it, the drivers were compiled
for the Redhat kernels.

Th card is a ConnectGear We320 which uses the realtek rtl-8180
chipset.

A bit of searching found this page:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?keyword=8180

Which has what purports to be source, but I'm having trouble getting
it to make and load, much less talk.  Does anyone else have any
experience with the rtl-8180? For What It's Worth, I'm not even having
any luck getting it to talk under windows either. My laptop is a Sony
Vaio PCG-fx190k.

It's been frustrating, because I thought I'd try to install alsa, and
am just getting complaints about initrd.

  lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.