FA511 during installation

Does anyone know how to get the Woody installation to properly
recognize the Netgear FA511? When I setup PCMCIA, it seems to take
the card. I then try to configure the network, and it pretends to
take it. The only error sent to tty3 is:

daemon.info cardmgr[749]: + cat: /var/lib/misc/pcmcia-scheme: No such
file or directory

Other than that, it looks like it loads the tulip_cb driver okay.

I try to install the base system via FTP or HTTP (using a minimal CD
to install), and it says that I haven't configured networking. I
configure it again, get the same stuff on tty3, and it says that it
can't find the host. This card has worked with Mandrake 8.0, but that
was the last linux version that seemed to detect the card correctly.
Windows works fine with it.

Any ideas?

--
aster