Re: Komba..

From: "Paul Cupis" <paul@cupis.co.uk>

> Perhaps automatic unmounting-upon-closing-komba could be added as a
> user-definable option, but I think that would be a bad idea. One should
> not have to have komba running the entire time one wants to use a share

I don't really see this. There's no particular reason that a user shouldn't have
the option to require komba to be running...  It's under user control either, so
that's purely a matter of personal preference.

> mounted _via_ komba. Having an unmount-upon-logoff would be better, but
> would require some part of komba to be called upon KDE logoff to do the
> unmounting.
>
> I can understand the problem you percieve, but I do not agree with your
> proposed solutions. Users should unmount shares when they have finished
> with them. If they do not unmount them, perhaps they had a good reason
> to.

I see your points, but that's a pretty naive assumption.  If they don't unmount
them they just didn't think about it in 90% or more cases. Frankly, I don't see
many good reasons why users should be allowed to mount _any_ devices in an X
session and have them remain mounted after logoff.  If the user needs a
long-running process to have access to a mount he should probably not be
mounting it _from_ the X session - though of course this isn't a Komba problem.