Re: computer won't wake up!
- To: debian laptop <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: computer won't wake up!
- From: iain d broadfoot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 05:12:22 +0100
- Message-id: <20030415041222.GE13206@localhost>
- Mail-followup-to: debian laptop <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20030415033459.GA635@debian>
- References: <20030414051840.GA2712@debian> <20030414122641.GA26603@localhost> <20030414151956.GE623@debian> <20030414222340.GB13206@localhost> <20030415033459.GA635@debian>
* Emma Jane Hogbin (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:23:41PM +0100, iain d broadfoot wrote:
> > do you have acpid installed? that's what uses /etc/acpi (and if you're
> > using acpi, it's kinda handy :D).
> I assumed that because my fan wasn't screaming anymore that I'd done
> everything there was to do. I *now* have acpid installed.
yer, the kernel-level stuff does some auto-thingies (you can tell i'm
not a kernel hacker, can't you?) but you need acpid to handle events.
my laptop runs xscreensaver for me when i close the lid, software
suspends when i hit the suspend combo, and does _nothing_ when the power
button is pressed - this last is mainly due to kittens who like
computers a little too much. :D
> thanks :)
welcome, always happy to pass on found knowledge. :p
wh33, y1p33 3tc.
"If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly owned if it is
not shared." -St. Augustine