XFree86, i830m, 1400x1050

Hej guys!

Does anybody know if it is possible to get a resolution of about 1400x1050 with an intel i830m chipset??

The main problem seems to be that the Acer BIOS does not have a VESA mode entry for the specified resolution. For some reason XFree uses this mode table to determine what can be done; because the mode is missing the machine cannot be put in that resolution.

Is it possible to patch the firmware, download another driver all except change the laptop!!

I tried to ask intel for a patch and I tried to ask dawes, a guy of the XFree Project who has written a version of the driver.

I would be pleased if someone might help me.

Best Regards,

Herbert Volkmann