Install question 3.0r1

	Just replaced Suse 7.3 on an HP 5425 Notebook with Debian 3.0r1.
The install went well except I guess I missed something.  The Logitech USB
mouse does not work.  I suspect the USB ports are not turned on.
	Is there a straightforward way to init those ports now and get the
mouse working?  If not, what step did I miss in the installation?
	I saw the emails in the archive about the USB mouse in 2.4 but did not
want to assume anything in 3.0.  Thanks,
jcp