acpi in 2.5.66: no /proc/acpi/sleep

Hello,

I am using the 2.5.66 kernel, patched with the corresponding patch from
acpi.sourceforge.net. It runs OK, except I do NOT have /proc/acpi/sleep.
Other things work OK, acpid listens to events etc. But how do I tell my
machine to eg. hibernate? It's an Acer laptop.

I was also adviced to use the AC version of 2.5.66, because it's ... well,
better. But the two patches (AC and ACPI) clash. So, does the AC patch
already contain the acpi.sourceforge.net's patch for 2.5.66?

Thank you.

Jan