Re: Unstable 'sid' release

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 08:35:18AM +0200, Pavel Tavoda wrote:
> Is't here somebody using sid?
>
> Can be 'sid' used by experienced user for everyday work on notebook?
>
> Or better question: "How stable is unstable 'sid' release"?
>
> Pavel

Hi Pavel-

I use sid on a daily basis here on a dell inspiron 4100 with pretty good
luck.  I also run sid on a desktop machine.  I actually enjoy running
the unstable tree, looking at the new software, seeing how stuff works.
I also have written a few bug reports on occasion.

I have not had a real "issue" in quite some time.  I think the last
thing that kinda got me was an issue with libpam which basically removed
the root account from access.  But, as someone else told me about that,
"look at the bright side.  Never has the root account been so secure" :)

I believe on a day by day basis that sid works for me with no real
issues.  There have been issues with software which caused things like
post-install errors or things like that.  None of these have really
stopped me from being productive.

Some things I liked less than others like when mozilla went to 1.3 and I
lost galeon for awhile; but then I started using galeon-snapshot and
phoenix more so things are great!

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org