Re: Modem on Fujitsu C1020

Jordi Cerdan [Monday, 24. March 2003 14:13]:
>| Hey,

hey too.

No dialtone: Another silly idea, but did you check the connectors ?
It's not impossible there's something mis- 'wired' ....
at least in germany, there exist different types of connectors.
Perhaps you can try the same modem and line with a Win or another working OS
( from your or from another Laptop ). Would be a good idea, anyway.

Is the modem driver correctly loaded (lsmod after 'pon' ), does the ppp
process start up at all, what does it report  (/var/log/syslog, ppp.log,
damoen.log ) ?

--

                          micha.