Re: regd iwconfig

"Vijaya Nirmala" <nirmala@tataelxsi.co.in> writes:

>  I'm trying to set up an access point .
>  I'm using Debian 2.4.18 version

(Debian 3.0 [stable, "woody"] with a 2.4.18 kernel?)

>  but i have a problem when i use command
>  iwconfig wlan0 essid Testig   channel 4   ,  this command fails

Fails how?  What error messages do you get?

>  can any one tell me what should be done to make this work ??

For me, wireless Just Works; I never need to manually specify SSID or
channel unless I'm somewhere with two different overlapping wireless
networks and I specifically want to be on one or the other.

	-- Abra Mitchell