Re: Install synaptics driver for touchpad - what is a pre-compiled binary?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:23:31PM +0100, Thomas Nyman wrote:
> describes how to modify your XF86Config-4 file."... my problem is this. I
> have downloaded and untarred the file but what exactly is the pre-compiled
> binary? Is it the synaptics_drv.o file? Does this mean i simply copy this
> file to the relevant catalog and make necessary changes in XF86Config-4,
yes, as you can read on the INSTALL file:
Copy the driver-module "snyaptics_drv.o" into the XFree-module path
"ex. /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/"
> and remove tpconfig? Do i need gpm? or does the synaptic driver work as is?
in my experience tpconfig was useless; you can use gpm on console, but
on my asus it conflict with the synaptic xfree module, so I removed it

Regards,

P.S. This synaptic module works perfectly :-)

--
Roberto Vallone |()|
                |()| There are 10 types of people in the world: Those
                |()| who understand binary, and those who don't...
                |()|