Re: Thinkpad 560,need Hints/Experiences

> Ob debian, specifically this model of thinkpad: what model of hibernate
> volume does it really use, and how would we generate that under Linux?
> I'm not entirely sure 560's used phoenix, so lphdisk may or may not do
> the job.

I always created a small MSDOS partiton on the 560, and even put on a
small MSDOS system, based on the WIN98 starup disk.  I believe the
hiberate feature will only work to an MSDOS partition.  I think I used
an MSDOS-based Thinkpad utility to create the hiberbation file, it's
been quite a long time.

And, under linux, to get suspend working correctly you must:

insmod floppy
rmmod floppy

Prior to suspending.  Also, if sound was loaded, it must be
removed as well, otherwise you will get very strange results,
like sounds being echoed 8 times, etc.

I used Debian 2.0 for about a year on the 560 when I got started
with LINUX, but switched to RH 7.1 when I bought "The Linux Bible",
so I'm a little out of touch with the state of Debian these days.

Later,  John