Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:52:06 EST, ronin2@bellatlantic.net writes:
>When I tried that combination, I couldn't use my Orinoco wireless card. When I
> tried to insert the module I got "unresolved symbols" errors. When I tried to
> apt-get the newer pcmcia-cs sources, I discovered the dependency on libc6.

but getting unresolved symbols on insmod/modprobe is not the same as
"the software in this version does not work with kernel 2.4.20".

the most likely problem: a mismatch between the kernel you built
your pcmcia-modules against and the kernel you are actually using.

i build my kernels myself, and i also build my pcmcia-modules myself.

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + az@snafu.priv.at + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's