Re: Battery life recovery

suresh kumar sharma <suresh_kr_sharma@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have a sony vaio PCG-FXA36 laptop .
Me too

> its about a year old, problem is the battery does not
> last more than 15-20 min. with normal operation .
> I have tried it in Windows also same problem .
> does anybody know how I can get some life of my
> battery back .

AFAIK is a hardware problem (Battery model), and I *heard* (don't
believe me) that if use the computer and empty the battery some times,
maybe in one try give you more time, then turn off, charge battery
(turned off), remove battery and turn on, and just put the battery on
the laptop when you don't have connection, and when used, don't charge
after all battery is empty, I have not tried that, because as you see
require to much time.

[OFF-TOPIC]

Did you get suspend and/or hibernate right? I have some problems with
the chipset at back I lost ethernet device (busy), and when I'm
using vesa, when recover from suspend/hibernate the screen takes all
black with a big horizontal line, after another hit key, console
recovers but the font is too big that could not seen (is totally
desynchronized).

Regards
--
Edgar A. Luna Díaz - http://uanl.gnulinux.org.mx
Key Fingerprint: C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310