Re: ACPI Patches and make-kpkg

Hi,

Carl Baldwin wrote:
> I am considering going to compiling the kernel from the kernel.org
> sources but I would like to avoid that if possible because I have
> several other patches and extra modules that are really easy to build
> using the make-kpkg system.  I don't want to give myself more work
> than is necessary.
>
> Should it be reported as a bug in make-kpkg that these patches won't
> apply???  make-kpkg is really nice but it seems like the sources
> should match the sources from kernel.org more closely so that patches
> such as ACPI don't have a problem.

Eh, make-kpkg has nothing to do with kernel-source-x.y.z except that
it recommends it but that recommendation can be fullfiled by a
kernel.org kernel too. IIRC you can use make-kpkg with the plain
2.4.20 sources you can obtain from kernel.org and apply the ACPI patch
there...

Regards,

Rene

--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73