Re: netgear MA401

J. Volkmann wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to get a netgear MA 401 to work on a toshiba 3000-512.

I had it running once, but I killed the kernel modules so I have to do
it again. Unfortunately I do not recognize what I did back then.
To remove it, I deleted the /lib/modules and the /etc/pcmcia and
reinstalled the packages named pcmcia-source and wireless-tools.

What I tried until now:
1. Compiling a 2.4.20 with the following options:
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
CONFIG_NET_RADIO=y
CONFIG_HERMES=m
CONFIG_PLX_HERMES=m
CONFIG_PCMCIA_HERMES=m
CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS=y
CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO=y
Should work if I understood right? But it doesn't. The cardmgr doesn't
even loed any modules automatically?

I recently had a similar problem. My problem was that I was compiling the kernel without support for the ISA bus (I don't have any ISA devices.) The old PC card bus that the MA 401 uses is ISA based, and doesn't work without ISA support.