apm: BIOS not found

Hi,

I had 2.4.19 kernel from kernel-source working here (on freshly
updated woody to the last updates) with APM (suspend OK, no
hibernation -- of course, and no powerdown), but then I needed
2.4.20 (because of USB Visor module). I tried to switch to ACPI,
but did not succeeded. When I have recompiled again 2.4.20 kernel
with APM and without ACPI, compilation went on without problems,
but when I try to start apmd, it says that BIOS not found. Which
is strange, given the previous kernels worked with the very same
BIOS and computer.

This is my kernel configuration in the particular part:

   CONFIG_PM=y
   CONFIG_APM=m
   # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
   CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
   CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
   CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
   CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
   # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
   CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

Any thoughts on how to make APM work again?

   Thanks,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be
refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and
tyrants.
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787