Compaq Armada 7792DMT - keeps switching off

Has anyone encountered the problem of a Compaq Armada 7792DMT (or for that
matter any other laptop) switching itself off? This one seems to do it all
the time. Last time, it switched off within 10 minutes of me stopping using
it.

Is there any way I can trace why this is happening? I need the machine for my
work and need to keep it in a small space by my bed as a result.

--
Phil Reynolds (PGP now available)
 o  ____ Internet: phil@tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95