Re: GSM-Modem with PIN (f.ex. Nokia Cardphone)

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 15:44, Robert Michel wrote:
> The extendet AT-command for transmitting the PIN to the Nokia Cardphone is:
> AT+CPIN"1234"

I don't know if the Nokia Cardphone speaks some dialect I haven't seen
before, but I reckon the command is
    AT+CPIN="1234"
as in all other similar devices I've seen.

I suppose you could make your computer send the PIN to the device in a
variety of ways. One way is to make the gsmctl command run at boot,
another is to make it run when the Cardphone is inserted into the PCMCIA
slot -- I think this would be the most elegant solution.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need to put something like this in
/etc/pcmcia/serial.opts:
    # Extra stuff to do after setting up the device
    start_fn () { /path/to/gsmctl -o pin 1234; }

If the card is detected as a serial card then the pin code should be
sent when the card is inserted.

Try it!

Cheers,
Fabian