Re: XF4.1 on ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 10:51 am, Bjoern Rueffer wrote:
> It also works with XFree 4.1 which I used before 4.2. I have an IBM A31
> with the same gfx-chip. I can offer a working XF86Config-4 for both
> versions.

Bjoern, thanks for both files! (BTW, they are identical). I have a few
questions:

- Are you sure your chip is the same as mine? In your config files, BoardName
says "Radeon Mobility M7 LW". OTOH, when I do lspci -v, it gives "6" instead
of "7".

- Did IBM supply you with all monitor characteristics? The tech specs for my
Fujitsu only say "15'' SXGA+: 1400 x 1050 resolution; 16M colors", and I got
"1400x1050 @ 60 Hz" from Windows System Information. Basically, I have no
clue what the vertical and horizontal frequency ranges are.

Thanks
Oleg

P.S. Please Cc: to me.