Re: poweroff and reboot

Dominik Juszczyk wrote:
Hi

Here is the situation:
Sony Vaio PCG - FX215
Debian Woody with 2.4.18 kernel with compiled in Power Managment support
and APM Bios support.
no entires in lilo.conf about power

poweroff turns do everything what it is to do, but stops when power down
is displayed.
reboot rebooting my computer, but when tries to turn it back, it hangs
on SONY welcome message and then do nothing..

Here is my question:

what should I do to make poweroff and reboot working properly???

Thanks in advance

at a guess, pass noapic to the kernel at the lilo prompt.

(hit shift when it says lilo, then type linux noapic)

maybe...

iain ;-)