compiling new kernel -> pcmcia network doesn't work

Hi all,

To learn a bit more about debian and linux, I tried compiling a new kernel
to use for my Toshiba Sattelite 1800-S514.
I got everything working, except my D-link-networkcard. It's a D-Link
DFE-680TXD. The card is recognised during startup as an ADMTek Centaur,
lik it is detected when using my normal setup (when the card works)
The card works fine using my normal debian installation (kernel BF
2.4.18).
I compiled the code after adding pcmcia-cs to it. I did enable my
intel-bridge in the kernel, and Cardbus-networkcards.

Anyone has an idea what step I forgot about, or how I can find out more
about which modules are loaded to use my current networkcard?

Thanks a lot, even if you can't help me out!!
Johan Van de Wauw
--
There are some micro-organisms that exhibit characteristics of both plants
and animals.  When exposed to light they undergo photosynthesis; and when