Re: Can't Reboot to Win98 After Restarting from Woody

apm certainly is a candidate that could be causing the problems. Try not
apparently isn't enough. Does your windows installation use ACPI?
(See the hardware manager)

Ok, I have tried suggestions that you guys gave. I have removed the line "apm" in /etc/modules, commented in lines in /etc/modutils/apm, removed apmd, and added append = "noapm" in lilo.conf. Still I can't boot into Windows in a warm start.

Oh yes, Windows uses ACPI. Perhaps as Erich suspects before, the network card is the cause (I am using Linksys PCMLM56, a combo PC card). The things that seems odd during boot up is that the kernel currently used tries to load module "ds" which apparently doesn't support the card (perhaps it is included in kernel.) I have to load modules "yenta_socket" in order to get it works.

For the next try, I am probably gonna compile a custom kernel.

Thanks for your helps anyway.

Yuhanes