Re: Can't Reboot to Win98 After Restarting from Woody

Does windows work on a cold start (that is directly after poweron)?
If you boot linux into single user mode (probably not loading pcmcia and
such stuff) and then reboot into windows, does it work then?
Yes, it works on a cold start.

And how to boot into single user mode? Sorry, newbie here. Are you saying that I have to remove related daemons?

Another information that I can give. is that I also experienced the same problem with RH 7.2 and 7.3, but not with potato and FreeBSD 4.4.

I had a thought that it could be caused by module "apm" which is enabled at the startup. I tried to remove it by using "rmmod apm", but it failed and generated error "resources busy"

Could it be the cause?

Yuhanes