WEP not working...

I've just installed Woody on an IBM 600x, and am very pleased with the
results.  I'm using the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel as installed (i.e., I haven't
built a kernel yet, although I plan to for other reasons).  The  wireless
network works just fine, as long as WEP is not used by the AP.  I have
sucsessfully associated with my neighbor's AP (which is open), and if I
disable WEP, I can associate with (and use) my own AP.

However, when I try to enable WEP (by editing wireless.opt and running
'cardctl eject ; cardctl insert' get it to select my network with WEP), I
don't get any wireless connection.

Drivers: hermes, orinoco, orinoco_cs

Thanks for any help -

	/cco