How-To Netgear FA511 on woody

Hi all,

I finally managed to get my FA511 Cardbus NIC running on woody.
For documentation and help for others that will come after me, here are
the steps I took:

1) Install Kernel-Sources and compile a kernel with CardBus Support
(yenta_socket.o) as module and the driver for PCI Ethernet10/100 -> EISA
--> DECchip Tulip (tulip.o)

2) compile and install the kernel and modules
3) install hotplug.deb
4) reboot

That should be about it. I wrote this down from memory - I worked the
whole last night on it, because I was in firm believe I needed pcmcia-cs
(you don't!!!). So maybe I forget about some details.

This was done by on a Toshiba Satellite 1700-400, Netgear FA511 and
woody-3.0r0

Hope this helps others!

Cheers,

Jan