Re: Dell latitude C810 - bios update

> |> Bios Versions for the latitude and inspiron do differ!
>
> In which matter?

I don't know.  All I know is that they differ :-) (you could check this on
the dell forums if you absolutely want to know :-)

> |> As said, if you have a latitude, you should stick with A04!
> As said: I'd like to - if I only know how. ;)

<http://support.euro.dell.com/be/nl/filelib/system.asp?sid=LAT_PNT_P3C_C810&m=o&p=BIOS>

Download the thing (the A04 off course, go to the nearest windows computer
that you can find (in case you have only linux on your latitude as I do),
execute the downloaded executable, this will create a bootable floppy,
reboot with this floppy and follow this instructions

<http://ftp.euro.dell.com/bios/DOWNGRDE.TXT>

When I did the upgrade from 4 to 5, I lost all battery information and my
two fans were blowing continuously at full speed.  I can assure you it
gets on your nerves after a while :-)

best regards,

klaas