Re: Installing Debian over Network with the e100-driver

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 15:02, Hanno Böck wrote:

> I have a Sony PCG-GR114MK-Notebook. It has an Intel Network card and it seems
> that it can only be installed with the intel e100-driver.
> The e100-driver is only in the nonfree-part of debian and there only as a
> source.
> I would like to install debian on my laptop over network/dsl-connection. Is
> there a possibility to load the e100-driver from the installer?
> How can I install debian over network??
> Another question: Is it possible to use ReiserFS for installation?

My IBM X22 uses the e100 network card, so I was network-less when
installing.

I installed Woody by creating a basedebs.tgz file using debootstrap on
my desktop machine, and putting that on C: in Windows 2000.  I then
booted a reiserfs boot disk (google helped) and pointed the installer at
the basedebs.tgz.  Once I had rebooted I could install and build the
e100 module and continue the install over the network.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                       jabber: rossburton@jabber.org