Re: Installing Debian over Network with the e100-driver

Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2002 16:26 schrieb Marcus Will:
> > It does not.
> > It seems that there are some Intel-cards that do not work with the
> > eepro/eepro100-driver.
> > If it helps, here is what lspci says about this card:
> > 02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation: Unknown
> > device 1031 (rev 41)
> > 	Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80e7
> > 	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 66, IRQ 9
> > 	Memory at d0204000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> > 	I/O ports at 4000 [size=64]
> > 	Capabilities: <available only to root>
>
> Your lspci isn't that up-to-date, either?
It's quite up to date, its version 2.1.8, where 2.1.9 is the current one.
it comes with linux mandrake 8.2 beta, which is only a few days old.

> As I told you: borrow a PCMCIA-CARD and recompile a
> 2.4.16 Kernel with modules and you can work since
> the error messages aren't hitting you at your GUI...
that isn't a very good solution.

as I can remember, the debian installer lets me load modules from a disk. is
there a pre-compiled e100-module for the installer-kernel?
it should work with that.

cu,

Hanno Boeck.