Re: power down

Derek Broughton wrote:

> From: "Jason Majors" <jason@kwiqsilver.org>
>
> > > Normally you don't need this but maybe you can try to set this on
> > >
> > > # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
> > >
> > > CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF
> > >   Use real mode APM BIOS calls to switch off the computer. This is
> > >   a work-around for a number of buggy BIOSes. Switch this option on if
> > >   your computer crashes instead of powering off properly.

I've had a similar problem on my dell i8k, but the other kconf-parms
from an earlier thread did it for me:

>If you turn on CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC, then APM won't work.

# CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is not set
# CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is not set
CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

my laptop is shutting down finely with it.

greets,