Re: How to slow-down a PCMCIA ethernet card

This is from the 'ifconfig' man page:

media type
	Set the physical port or medium type to be used by the device.
	Not all devices can change this setting, and those that can vary
	in what values they support. Typical values for type are 10base2
	.. 10baseT .. and so on. The special medium type of auto can be
	used .. Again, not all drivers support this.

I have never tried this myself, but if you use something like 'ifconfig
eth0 media 10baseT' when you bring up the interface, you may be able to
force it to use the speed you want.

HTH,