Re: good PCMCIA NICs?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Andy Winnenberg wrote:

> Hey folks,
> I don't know if this has come up before... sorry if it's a repost... I
> was wondering if anyone had advice on good PCMCIA NICs.  I'm setting up
> a cable modem account with a local ISP and I'm not sure what card to
> pick up...
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Hi-

I use a 3com 556 (combo nic and modem) with very good results here with
debian unstable.  I have also used linksys ones I believe with very good
results.  I like the 3com 556 for all round use.  The only bad part with
it is the dongle.  I manage to lose about 3 dongles each year traveling or
whatever.

 --
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org