Re: ESS Technology ES1978 Maestro Problem

On Friday 11 January 2002 05:08 pm, Heather wrote:

[snip]

> I recommend the slim book by Strunk and White (I think that's William
> Strunk) for learning the finer points of English grammar, but it's
> been my experience, between native speakers who don't care about the
> details and non-native ones who do care, that the ones who care are
> at least understandable.  Most grade school grammar teachers would
> whap me for that long sentence even though it's otherwise correct.
> So... don't worry too much, just make sure to make the point clear,
> and everything will work out fine.

Another excellent (and cheaper) resource is The Economist's style
guide, available online at:

http://www.economist.com/library/StyleGuide/index.cfm

This is an English (or British, if you prefer) English usage guide and
therefore has some different recommendations to Strunk and White.
Whichever usage you prefer, it's written in a friendly and even mildly
amusing style and is a very worthwhile read.

YMMV, and all that...

- Derek